Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Week 15 Reading: The Ramayana Part E

This week I continued reading The Ramayana, and it is starting to get very weird (which is always more fun to read). Some of the things talked about I will reading and think to myself 'what just happened.' I love the obscure characters and series of events, I never know what to expect. I liked the part when the mountain Mainaka hides under the ocean in fear of Indra, but then comes out to give Hanuman a chance to rest. This was a very interesting part of the reading, and I enjoyed getting exposed to this version of the Ramayana.

The Ramayana: (Wikipedia)

Bibliography: Ramayana by William Buck (Link)

1 comment:

  1. Brooks, just a quick note to say I am so glad you read this part: the story of Mount Mainaka is one of my all-time favorites! :-)

    ReplyDelete