Thursday, August 24, 2017

Growth Mindset

I have not heard of Carol Dweck, but I have heard of the growth mindset. I first heard about it this summer during my internship, as one of the other interns had to do a book report on it. I try to be more towards growth in everything I do, but catch myself in fixed some of the time. I have progressed a lot in the growth mindset and it is becoming more natural. The growth mindset for example, helps me retain information I study for an exam, rather than cramming and forgetting. In my opinion, everybody should attempt to have the growth mindset perspective.

Grow your brain: (Pixabay)

1 comment:

  1. Growth mindset is definitely a great topic! Since you haven't heard of Carol Dweck, you should watch her TedTalks, they're really fascinating to think about. I've caught myself contemplating a lot, because I still struggle with getting out of the fixed mindset and learning that failure is an option. She has a book out, called Daring Greatly and would love to read it when I get the chance. People should really open their minds to the idea of growth mindset for sure!

    ReplyDelete